Mac G5 Ram!

G35x

Golden Master
Alright, well when my dad edits his videos, sometimes the computer gives him this frames dropped crap, basically Im thinking 1gb of ram just isnt good enough anymore. So its time to add more. Im not sure how the ram for mac works, if its the same or not. I checked the computer, and its using 2 sticks of 512 DDR SDRAM pc3200-30330. Now, I dont know anything about SD ram, but dont you have to install SD in pairs or something? The g5 is from about 3 years ago I guess, we got it when it first came onto the market..He will spend about 200 or more if he needs to, please make some recomendations, I want to get atleast 1gb, which then gives the computer a total of 2gb. Thanks

pc ram and mac ram is the same thing , pc3200 is just ddr400 i dunno if you have to install it in pairs in the g5 mac but any pc3200 ddr400 ram will do as long as it is a good make , if the mac is connected to internet then run a crucial scan and they will tell you what the max ram supported is and if it is dual core

does that mean it has two northbridges ???
plus they have mac ram maybe because they garuntee that it is compatible with mac's ?? but i dont know

Is the deal on that ram good? I mean you guys are right, all ram is the same..Is that deal any good, looks prrety good imo..

that looks like quite a compettetive price and its by a well known brand so i would say thats good

just follow this and you will be fine

1. macs take same ram as PC's
2. dont need pairing, even with dual processors....
3. i used "pc" ram in my friends mac and its fine....
4.dont take the sales pitches about the ram that they say only goes in macs

Alright, so even on a dual processor computer such as the g5, you dont need pairing john? So why are there 2 sections for the ram ? Im gona jump the gun, but I think your wrong?

untitledjh2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom