AIM 5.9 crashes

every other cliant runs fine, but the moment i try another version of AIM it'll crash.

IDK why, but i'm still loyal to AIM and it just doesn't like this windows install (the installs work fine on other computers). I'm hesitant to use a registry cleaner, i've had bad luck with them before. but when i look in teh reg myself i did not see any aol/AIM keys.

I'm thinkin of just reinstallin me windows since that seems to be the only thing left...

I didn't mention it in my last post, but i did try the chkdsk /f before i reformatted.

now, after the reformat, i'm still getting errors. i'm tryin different settings in my norton to see if it could be doin me problem. altho, i probally shoulda done this before re-formatting.....

yeah... i've been at school all day, so i ahvn't been able to test ne thing yet today, but i'll be pissed if that was what was causing it.

{Edit} norton didn't effect it in any way shape or form. for testing purposes i even uninstalled both AIM and Norton and then only reinstalled AIM, but still had it crash.

i just installed middleman (an AIM plug-in). since then i have had AIM on for about 18 hours with no problem. i'll let ya know later tonight if it is still up or not.

You sure your internet is still connected when your computer goes idle? Some LAN cards will close the connection if the computer goes idle, and the lack of internet could be causing your AIM to crash.

If nothing works, I also suggest Trillian. Very good program.

Back
Top Bottom