House electrical problem possibly?

cnl83

Baseband Member
My friend has an Emachine that use to belong to me. Its 2 gig processor. The MB appeared to go out the first time so I changed it. I sent it back, and the MB went again (DIFFERENT BRAND BOARD). I took it back, and changed the processor, power supply, Hard drive, Ram and MB. Now this piece of garbage is back at my house again appearing to be the MB.

He has a brand new surge protector, plugged into a different wall. What could be causing this? Could it be that his house is surging or something. He has sterio, TV, and all other appliances in his house. They are all working fine.

hmm could be a dodgy power cable , have you tried a different cable , if there is a loose connection that could be ya prob , also what is happening is the comp powering down cos this could be a heat issue is the cpu fan working , watch the temps

Well im not sure what the temp is soppose to be, but I checked and it was like 22 degrees celsius when it did come on. It isnt very hot in the case, and I dont even get a boot screen at my house now.

22 i s low in any case but it could be cutting out cos the temp is getting hot very quickly
ps try plugging it in without the surge protector

Yeah, its not in a surge protector now. I have the MB out of the case with only monitor, and power. I get nothing now..

hmm diff psu i think you have tried this , the only other thing could be mobo , it is very unlikely to be electricity problems as his other stuff is working , but does ya psu have a voltage selector swithced to the right option e.g. 120v or 240V

if two mobos have gone at your friends house ,where they connected to surge protector when this happens if not it could have been surges plus where are you UK or \USA or OTHER

Back
Top Bottom