CD R/RW Writer

aXL1

Solid State Member
Recently installed Windows XP Home Edition on my computer. Before I had windows ME and my CD burning program could read the drives fine. I open up the same program and an error comes up saying "no compatible recorder drives have been found on this computer". Anyone know how I can fix this? Thank you.

Do you have any CDs that came with the computer/disk drive? You most likely just need to install the drivers. What model disk drive do you have, or at least what model is the computer assuming you didn't build it? If you can give us that, we can find you a link to download the drivers if you don't have the CD.

Open up Device Manager (Right click My Computer, Properties, Hardware tab, Device Manager) and see what it says next to your CD / DVD drives. If it's there, but there's a ?, it means there's something wrong with the drivers, and you need to reinstall them.

No, The drive did not come with a disc to install the drivers, I only got a disc with the Burning program on it which doesnt install any drivers. I use EVEREST to look at my drives and the one im trying to run is a IDE-CD R/RW 4x4x32. The computer was built. The buring program I am trying to use is Prassi Primo Plus 2.0

Well what does it say in device manager? Usually the device manager will actually give you a brand name and model (it does for my drives).

I have a CD-ROM Drive which is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-111D. My CD Burner only has the IDE in front of it, no brand name, nothing.

Hmm, that's probably because the drivers aren't installed. The only other way I can think of finding it out is to open up the case and actually take out the drive.

Try this: http://www.storageupdates.philips.com/en/index.html

Looks like it automatically updates drivers for you.

Also, if ever you need to update drivers for anything just go to the company's website and go to the support section and they usually have the drivers for all their products there. Just find your model #, make sure it's compatible with your OS, download, install, and your good to go.

Back
Top Bottom