Monitor or graphics card??

sshardlow

Baseband Member
Hi im having problems with my pc. I have replaced my motherboard and connected it in the right way that i can see. Its powering up but for some reason my monitor does not seem to recognise it and work. Is this to do with my graphics card or monitor - monitor cable. When i move the cable about a bit it switches on as if it has recognised something but doeas nothing.

HELP!!! :(

m8 my old mobo broke and i had 2 format my harddrive. I then replaced my mobo and connected everything and my monitor will not work im talkin bout graphics card

sshardlow said:
I then replaced my mobo and connected everything and my monitor will not work im talkin bout graphics card

huh? A little punctuation wouldn't hurt...

Is there another monitor that you have that you could test it with? Hook up the test monitor and if it works, then you know the problem is the monitor. If the test monitor doesn't work, then your problem is elsewhere. And like Allenn said, did you reinstall Windows after you hooked up your motherboard?

if the new motherboard has integrated graphics then you will have to disable this and enable the agp slot or pci e slot , so are there two places to connect a monitor on the back of your pc

what do u mean how do i do this and i dont think it has intergrated graphics please explain

i wish i had another monitor on me but i dont and so cant try it. Is there any way i culd use my laptop as a monitor? or am i talkin a load of bull lol

Back
Top Bottom