Mom Dies Attempting to Win a Wii

alvino

Golden Master
1UP News said:
According to an Associated Press story, a Rancho Cordova, California woman who competed in a radio station contest to win a Nintendo Wii died of water intoxication Friday. Jennifer Strange, 28, was attempting to win the Wii console for her three kids.

The "Hold Your Wee for a Wii" contest put on by Sacramento radio station KDND 107.9 had contestants drinking as much bottled water as they could in order to see who could hold it in the longest. The winner was promised a free console.

Strange, who consumed several 8-ounce bottles of water, said her head hurt and was heard crying on the way home. The radio station, which did warn contestants that they shouldn't put their health at risk, states it was stunned when it heard the news.

Source: 1UP News
Original AP Story: CNN

What a shame...:(

Well it's kinda hard to tell, because it's water. Everyone knows what it feels like to hold in pee, but I imagine it's rather hard to tell that you've crossed the line.

Jesus, thats terrible! Are the radio station getting away without any legal things?

Not sure. The station did warn the participants to know their limit and if they couldn't do it, just stop.

no wee for wii? I read this yesterday but didn't post a link here... aparantly the competition organisers have removed even any reference to the competition at all!

Heh so you want to sue a radio station for having a contest "hold wee for a wii" it was her choice her decision she missed up she paid the price why should the Radio station pay also? They didn't shove the water down her thoart she did.

Also it was water.... Water normally doesn't kill you if you drink it.

they should of known better...I can think of alot more cometitions they could of help, you know, the ones that dont kill you! some people will go to extreme lengths to get what they want, she wasnt to know it was going to kill her, the radio station should of done alot more research!

Back
Top Bottom