Directx10?

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
ok guys i know that all the new games will be using dx10 and stuff liek that

but what happens to all us people with older vid cards....will they just not have suport for them and run at dx9c?

also what is dx?...like i know its like a renderer for the games..kinda like opengl

but i just dont get it reallly lol plz help thx!

yeah the games will run fine on dx9 cards, they will just use dx9 stuff instead of dx10, so the visual effects won't be so good.

ohhh thats what i was thinking but not for sure...so dx is just a renderer ingameplay...or what is its purpose? thx

yeah thats what i heard to it will run the games on DX9, but within a few years it will be recommended that you upgrade to a DX10 vid card and make sure that everything is compatible because ive heard that they're going to make it a requirement to have DX10

darnt that sucks...but i wish there was some way to reformat even the 7k series so it can do dx10....just an idea though thx guys!@

Haku Mioje said:
yeah thats what i heard to it will run the games on DX9, but within a few years it will be recommended that you upgrade to a DX10 vid card and make sure that everything is compatible because ive heard that they're going to make it a requirement to have DX10

yeah, but it will take some time before you will need a dx10 card. You can still use dx8 shaders in fear. Had to use it for a while because it's a lot easier for the vid card, and I had a fx5700 back then.

ya, and also for vista if you want all the eye candy it is recommended that you have a dx10 enabled card, but if you have a dx9 card it will work fine, I have a 7600gt and I ran that test and it said that was fine for it

yeah thats why i said in a few years, i knew it wasnt going to be that quick because they need to give time for DX10 cards to be made more of, theres only a few right now

no. The only dx10 cards out now are the 8800gts and 8800gtx. I dont plan on spending that much money on a vid card... right now. I am waiting for them to get cheap :D

Back
Top Bottom