Old Celeron on MCE?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Well i have an old Celeron sitting here, as in Celeron 2.6ghz, 256mb DDR400 RAM (getting another 256 stick in a couple of days so ill have 512), ECS motherboard with onboard graphics and sound, 40gb hdd.....Now i was wondering if it would support Windows MCE....basically i wanna use it to play music in the lounge on the 5.1, and hdd space isnt a problem as the music is shared from both mine and another on the network. Would it work OK? I can easily pick up a cheap gfx card with an S-Vid connection to hook it to the TV...would it be practical? THe pc runs fine, just not sure how much of a hog MCE is..any suggestions?

Matt

You should be able to, I believe MCE needs 2.4GHZ but you've got 2.6 so that would be fine. It wouldn't be as fast as a more high-end processor but it should work. I had MCE on mine when it had 512MB RAM and it did fine, should work with yours fine as well.

It will work fine. If all your using it for is music then ya will have no problems

I mean it's not gonna be loaded with apps...How i have it now is it's running XP in the lounge, hooked up to the network and a winamp plugin allowing me to control what plays using browsers on this pc etc....It doesn't even have a monitor or keyboard and mouse, just sits there lol, but it does the job on XP, just think if i hooked it up to the tv and got a remote for it, could be even better. Also, it's a celeron 2.4, but i got it cranked at 2.6, running fine...

Matt

Just one more question, is it true there is a Media Center download for XP to give all the Media Center tools?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom