WG311 PCI Adapter Problems

AOD

In Runtime
Okay, so I've just bought a Netgear modem/router and three WG311v3 PCI Adapter cards. I installed one fine into my computer, then I did same process on my dad's computer and thats when things went screwy. After I installed drivers then rebooted and inserted card as per the instructions the computer would get to the windows desktop or not even that far and just freeze. It's a fairly old computer Intel Celeron 900mhz, 512mb ram but I'm pretty sure that it should still handle the card. I've found some other people having problems with it and some got it to work after disabling DMA or other devices. Not tried that yet, but could it be a problem with the BIOS seeing it's from 2001?

These are PCI? You say you installed the drivers then inserted cards is this correct? Normally you would install the card boot the pc and then install the drivers for it.
Also, it could be the card so try another one to double check. And what OS are you running?

Tried the card on another computer and tried another card on this computer, the card works fine on other computer and the same happened with another card. I'm running Windows XP was on ME but I upgraded it to see if that changed anything but it didn't. I don't really know what I can do now expect mess around with bios settings seeing that I can't even get into Windows it just locks up at the Windows XP loading thing. Okay, I got the computer going pass the windows loading but it freezes after a scandisk. I just disabled some of the motherboard functions to get pass the loading screen.

You aint answered me questions above :) If you answer yes to questions above, then i would suggest booting into safemode. F8 key when ya startup. Goto device manager and remove the driver. Then install the card in pc, if it isnt already done. Restart the pc normally and let the computer detect it

Back
Top Bottom