8800 Price Speculation

dtrg

Solid State Member
When do you think the prices will come down a bit? vista comes out in a couple weeks. how long after the initial push will we see prices come down and by how much?

they should come down soon, after ati releases their dx10 card(s?) Don't know when it will happen, but I'd guess during the next 2 months.

ATi is slated for a March-May release of the R600, around that time, there should be a G80 refresh with GDDR4 causing the G80 GDDR3 varients to come down in price ;)

What about cards like the 8600GT, and lower profile cards like that? How long youguys think for those?

Isn't ATI releasing other R series? All I know is that they'll kick the R500's main place.

And...There's much more potential for that card...but, again, it's 250W of consumption.

You'll see the 8800 series video card come down in price when the market is saturated once again. Meaning a demand on the video card has been met or new chipsets coming out (including the competition which is ATi). With the way things are going for video cards, you should see a price reduction in a month or two.

That's good news. The 8800 cards are hot. If you ever need the top of the line 8800 series video card, get the XFX 8800GTX!!!! It's around $600 right now, but it's the fastest video card to date and the physics processing is an added plus on the 8 series chipsets.

whoa i didnt know they had the physx processing in the new vid cards...tahts pretty cool

ne ways yeh 8800 prices will come down when ati launches their stuff...of course im pretty sure nvidias cards will still be better but who knows?!?%

Back
Top Bottom