can any1 tell me bout pentium D?

you returned an E6700.....for a 960. I bet you were drunk when you did that. All tests show that the Core 2 Duo outperforms the P-D. And you can't compare Core 2 Duo temps to the P-Ds. It could be user mistake in mounting or concave IHS's on the Core 2 Duos. Don't go around spreading junk saying that P-Ds outperforming Core 2 Duos.

ownage said:
you returned an E6700.....for a 960. I bet you were drunk when you did that. All tests show that the Core 2 Duo outperforms the P-D. And you can't compare Core 2 Duo temps to the P-Ds. It could be user mistake in mounting or concave IHS's on the Core 2 Duos. Don't go around spreading junk saying that P-Ds outperforming Core 2 Duos.
i have been building and modding gaming pc's over 18 years,yes you can believe all the benchmarks you want,and buy all the core 2 cpu's you want,But i build pc's and highend gaming towers and oc them to run cool and fast,Is that why i get many people asking me to build their PC,Hey I have started to make and modify my own water cooling units.they are junk to :DOh and i dont drink,i didnt have to bring the cpu back,i just put it back on my shelf.

TRDCorolla said:
Isn't the Pentium D just a P4 with two cores? Same technology. Core Duos are better.
Core 2 is the same thing,two processors on the same block,the only difference is all the cache is shared on core 2, in stead, seperate cache is used on one processor and uses 2 mb cache or 4mb,The other processor attached uses another 2/4.Same as your mobo shared memory sucks on the video card,..does it not,that is why you have a other card to control it.to have separated cache is far better on the cpu then shared.To all that dont think so ,go waste your money on a core 2.

mammikoura said:
did you just say that the only difference between pentium D's and core 2 duos is the cache? :D
:D You know so much explain.....core 2 runs cooler thats all you hear on forums,less juice to run,and they dont.

PB said:
:D You know so much explain.....core 2 runs cooler thats all you hear on forums,less juice to run,and they dont.

I have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. But yes, core 2 duos do run cooler and they require less power to run. And the reason for that is that it's a completely different core than the p4's. (that including pentium D's since they are pretty much 2 p4 cores glued together) The core doesn't rely on high clock speeds for performance, but instead they do more work per clock cycle so overall the performance is better. Overall the core is much better than the one used on p4's, intel pretty much copied what amd was doing. Better architecture and lower clock speeds. And that was the reason why amd had the upper hand in processors a while ago. And there are lots of benchmarks to prove the difference between a p4 and a core 2 duo. Also from personal experience I know how good the core 2 duos are. I've tested myself the difference between a p4 and a core 2 duo when using software like super pi. The difference is huge, not that it would really matter that much since all games run fine on my p4, but the core 2 duo is just so much better.

mammikoura said:
I have a hard time understanding what you are trying to say. But yes, core 2 duos do run cooler and they require less power to run. And the reason for that is that it's a completely different core than the p4's. (that including pentium D's since they are pretty much 2 p4 cores glued together) The core doesn't rely on high clock speeds for performance, but instead they do more work per clock cycle so overall the performance is better. Overall the core is much better than the one used on p4's, intel pretty much copied what amd was doing. Better architecture and lower clock speeds. And that was the reason why amd had the upper hand in processors a while ago. And there are lots of benchmarks to prove the difference between a p4 and a core 2 duo. Also from personal experience I know how good the core 2 duos are. I've tested myself the difference between a p4 and a core 2 duo when using software like super pi. The difference is huge, not that it would really matter that much since all games run fine on my p4, but the core 2 duo is just so much better.
I read this article some where ages ago :D Did you copy and paste this one ? :D Buy the core 2 if you like and believe all you read.I built one computer for a person that wanted a e6300,i told him you dont need the newer core 2 to be fast,He pounded on me that he wanted it,I told him i can use a 3.2 pent and make it faster for you then the e6400,he refused and took the e6300,came back two weeks later asking me to swap out the cpu and do what i told him,I figured he heard my name from some where.After swapping and adjusting and giving his computer back,he phoned me 2 days later ,Thanking me so much for the improvement building his computer,He said i cant believe you did this for me and made my computer fly,well he told me one of his friends mentioned my name and to listen to everything i have to say,So here you go...,Do what Ya like.

ha! Okay, now....run your P-D as fast as you can and run 1M super-pi or 3D Mark, whatever year version you want. Then, i'll show you what a Core 2 can do. It'll pound your P-D into the ground. You're still one of those brainwashed "Ghz = everything" people. The prefetching for Core 2 is vastly superior to the P-D same thing with the complex instruction execution.

EDIT: run Super Pi as 3DMark is kinda subjective to video cards and such.

ownage said:
ha! Okay, now....run your P-D as fast as you can and run 1M super-pi or 3D Mark, whatever year version you want. Then, i'll show you what a Core 2 can do. It'll pound your P-D into the ground. You're still one of those brainwashed "Ghz = everything" people. The prefetching for Core 2 is vastly superior to the P-D same thing with the complex instruction execution.

EDIT: run Super Pi as 3DMark is kinda subjective to video cards and such.
pound your P-D into the ground :D complex instruction execution :D ,what ever you say master PC technician.

Back
Top Bottom