HP Pavillion dv6100 series and gaming

GTA1989

Baseband Member
I recently purchased a laptop from HP. These are the specs on it.

AMD Turion 64 bit ML-50 X2 1.6Ghz CPU
1GB DDR
80 GB Sata drive
Geforce Go 6150 256 Mb Shared

Im trying to run counter striker source but i keep getting low fps, whether the graphics are high or low. It gives me about 20. Sometime, when i look only at a wall or something, ill get like 60 fps. I dont get it. Something isnt working right, or something is limiting the computer/video card. Can anyone help me fix this cuz im sure this laptop can run this game. Thanks

press the ~ key when playing the game and type fps_max 100

that should allow the frames to go as high as they want.

I did that, it says fps_max 300. There's got to be something else involved. Does anyone have a simular laptop? I want to get this working! lol

I went to GTA1989's house and i dont get it either, the fps_max is @ 300
whenever he'd look at a wall the fps would shoot up to 60 then when he looks awway its between 17-20 and very stable

The nvidia drivers from the site, DO NOT WORK
only HP drivers...
i know there are some knolegeable people here , and they could help

BUMPPPPPPPP!

it's a laptop, its gonna be hard for him to get a better graphics card.

You guys sure that the video card should be able to run counterstrike source? I don't really know the specs of a go 6150 but it seems like a really low end lappy video card. If it is supposed to be able to run it, then i'd say it's a driver screw up. There are HP forums where you can go and talk with others who have similar builds as your computer. Idk if i'm allowed to say that, but you should sign up and ask about it, as there will be people there that can you help you out more specifically then we can.

SMell

Back
Top Bottom