Advice on my computer

cjk718

Solid State Member
Ok, Right now I have an E-Machines T3256
( http://compreviews.about.com/od/budg...hinesT3256.htm ) (yeah I know :( )
with some of my own upgrades (1GB of ram and an ATI Radeon x1300 256mb AGP card).

I have 400 dollars to spend and I was hoping I could uprade my computer to make it run more smoothly.

Any one have any ideas with a $400 dollar budget?

Your computer is very similar to mine minus the graphics card. I would upgrade to a good AGP card like the one you listed. Also the 1GB of ram would also be very good.

Thats already in there, I was wondering what else I could do to make it run better.

I have no idea on how to find out the type of motherboard in my computer, but assuming that I already have an AMD processor, would it be possible to upgrade that?

Sell the computer on ebay, part itouton ebay, and buildan entirely new one. You could build a decent core 2 duo set-up for $650.

cjk718 said:
I have no idea on how to find out the type of motherboard in my computer, but assuming that I already have an AMD processor, would it be possible to upgrade that?
depending on mobo yeah upgrading cpu is posible but sometimes not worth the monry . also adding another 1gig of ram would realy help

another point disable the integrated graphics if you havent , this uses up ram for nothing

plus dunoo if that thing has a sata port but get a raptor and just install xp and all your programes on it and you will see improved loading times and etc then use the 160gig you already gor for music tv etc

get a new graphics card, that cpu is a good one, i have mine at 2.6ghz rock solid stable and cold. Get an 8x gpa vid card and your games will run better, 512mb more ram will help as well.

Another hard drive wouldn't hurt, unless you don't use your PC for media at all. Another gig of RAM wouldn't hurt either. Of course, if you game a lot, a better video card would also be nice.

Back
Top Bottom