CPU TEMP and FAN SPEED

KillaQBoy

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I am new to these forums.. Just had a quick question maybe a couple of you could answer..

I am running a P4. 3.0 ghz, 1 gb ram, on an asus p5gd1 motherboard..

I recently installed a new cpu fan.. My stock intel one was making way too much noise.. I grabbed the Zalman CPU Cooler CNPS7700-AlCu Alumi-Core.. It has the fanmate controller as well.. It is virtually noiseless when i have it in silent mode..

Now.. When I have the fan on the slowest speed (silent mode), ASUS PC Probe is telling me the fan is spinning at 953 RPM and that my CPU temp when it's idling ranges from 35-40 Celsius.. And my mother board is at 33 Celcius..

I was wondering now.. Is this is a safe temperature to be running at.. And is that fan speed too slow.. And what should I increase the fan speed to if the CPU temp gets up to the 40-50 range..

And is the 40-50 range dangerous for the CPU?

please help..

I wouldn't worry about the temps as long as they are under 70C. I think that the max temp for p4's is 80C, but I wouldn't recommend using it if the temps get that high. Now the temps will probably increase about 15-20C when you put the cpu under full load, so you should be fine.

I have a p4 too, and the same hsf too, but I just have the full copper version. I have oc'd about 400mhz and my idle temps are around 40C, under load temps a little over 60C. Fan is at 2400rpm which is the highest it goes to, but it's still doesn't produce that much noise.

okay cool.. thanks a lot man.. i think the max my fan revolves is 1700.. i ahve the knob turned fully clockwise and that's what it's at right now.. and you're right.. it still barely generates any noise.. you think that's fast enough though?

hmm, isn't the max at 2400rpm? Atleast with my cnps7700 it is. Though I have the cu one instead of the alcu. But as long as the temps are ok then the fan speed is enough.

hey.. while we're at it.. what's a safe mobo speed.. mine is usually at 32 according to asus probe..

KillaQBoy said:
hey.. while we're at it.. what's a safe mobo speed.. mine is usually at 32 according to asus probe..

temp?
I'd say that under 60C and you are fine. My mobo is like a little over 30 when idle, and a little over 40C under load.

Back
Top Bottom