Get vista cheaper by buying XP now? Total cost for both less than Vista?

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, I stumbled accross this in a different thread, but I need youguys opinion on this. At newegg when you buy Windows XP at newegg you get a free upgrade to Vista, just shipping charges. So if I buy XP media center now for $110 I get a free upgrade to Vista Home Premium. Doesnt make sence because Home premium alone was supposed to be $160 for the upgrade. So if I buy XP media now I get Vista and XP for less than the price of Vista. Should I do it? Or is there a catch?

yeh i got a laptop with XP media center and it comes with Vista Home Premium free, just have a 2 the delivery on it, its only the 32-but version tho, but its still windows vista so im not complaining

r_moore04 said:
yeh i got a laptop with XP media center and it comes with Vista Home Premium free, just have a 2 the delivery on it, its only the 32-but version tho, but its still windows vista so im not complaining

me too. i didnt know you had to pay the delivery. that sucks lol. i thought it was a free upgrade.

yeah ive heard a lotof people are going to to it, i know my laptop is compatible but not free but ive seen ones that are free, i was thinking about doing it myslef unless i want to get one of the expensive versions

dude1234 said:
me too. i didnt know you had to pay the delivery. that sucks lol. i thought it was a free upgrade.
yeh i think it was something like £15, but i guess its worth it

Does Home premium come in the 64bit edition too?
This dealyou dont even have to buy a computer right?

Back
Top Bottom