need help bad!!!

sek3o1

Daemon Poster
i just recently bought alot of computer parts from geeks to get experience in building a computer im giving it to my brother since i got 2 great pcs but i do want to build a ultimete rig within 3 months. but heres my question i got i have a biostar intel 945p-a7a mainboard with a fsb of 1066 a x-men 11 bay case ....i cant fing read the diagram i suck/1!!!! it messes with me it says to hook power yata yata yata but i cant seem to get it rite theres like 6 diffrent power single pins with each 5 volts!! i got my 7600 gt in it and 2 gigs of ram all i have left is to plug these pins in!!! i need serious help if ne one can help i would apperciate it

What pins are you talking about? The small ones that come from the front panel of the case? Each connector should be labeled and the proper pin location on the motherboard should also be labeled.

yea see thats the prob i have never done this!!! i just caught the bug i used to be into weightlifting i hurt myself..so now in my spare time i want to build but i dont know how those tiny single pins ficked me up bad!!!! i dont kno what to do lol..theres a comp tech that works for my g dad but he wont help me!!!! he wants me to learn on my own but i tried for like 3 hours!!! and i just gave up lol!!! he did it in like 5 secs booted it on and disconnected them so im sol plzzzzzzz help. umm its weird the book shows something diff then i have i cant make heads or tails of it

ill tell u tommarow or something currently im layin in my bad on my notebook i would have to get up jump on my 4 wheeler and drive like 30 acres away to the workshop and i dont fill like doing that lol

on a side not sry!! i just would like the info or kno how so i can do it it really ppppppppppppssssssss me off.but i'm new to this i figure after 4 or 5 builds i'll be ok.but i do live in the middle of no where so this was my only option for help

The pins on the motherboard should look like this:

+2 . . . . . . . . . . . 22-
+1 . . . . . . . . . . .21-

The wires should be labeled similar to this:

PLED - Power LED
PWR - Power switch
HDD or HDD LED or HLED - Hard disk activity LED
RST - Reset switch
SPEAK or SPKR - System speaker

I have colored the names and proper locations for the connections
The positive connection should be towards the left on the pin layout. Generally, the colored wire is the positive wire.

yes and no i have spk in and spk out also i have a lil device that says spk and is 4 pins it came with the case i think it is the thing that beeps if ne thing is messed up....correct me if im wrong??

Yes, the 4 pin speaker wire goes to the one that beeps to tell you the system status. Are the two wires to it on each end of the plug?

The SPK IN and SPK OUT wires are for the front panel speaker connection for a headphone and such.

aslo why do i have like more then one pos voltage do i need them all plugged in thats really what stumps me its crazy i should of paid someone to do it!! but i want to fill some pride in knowing i can do it too bad it isnt easy as it seems.. i really feel in awe the things people can do like overclocking and etc when i cant even do something like this lol..maybe one day i'll get it but things for the color and shyt ill deff use this as a refrence thats way better then the guide or should i say manual i got!

Back
Top Bottom