operating systems

Taylor1

Daemon Poster
ok, my dad has a really nice dell comp that came with a winxp MCE reinstallation DVD, and i have my built computer. I installed it on my built computer. I was just wondering if this was bad, illegal and performance ways. ( by performance i mean like small problems that make some things not work) And for vista, is it possible to get a copy where i can upgrade my dads dell and my built comp without having any of those problems?
This is something that is not very clear to me, because my dads dell doesnt have any problems while mine does. But i am unsure about it because the whole activation part worked for my comp.
Thanks for all the help.

i had a dell with wondows XP and i used the CD to install it on my new built computer, the only problem was that i had to get a new reistration number from dell but other than that it worked fine. maybe your built computer needs a windows update?

random slowness. my friend has same cpu and amnt of RAM, and his seems to run faster than mine. I get BSODs that say i have a bad driver, but they happen like every 2 weeks, so its almost impossible to figure out which driver it is.

Are all your drivers upto date? Has it been like this since you installed the OS, and if not, then can you remember when it roughly started. Also might be worth checking in event viewer for clues about the driver causing this, and STOP errors if your getting any.

well i installed xp mce a few days before x-mas, and have gotten the bsod twice both time there was this file called emupia.2k
or something close to that.
it happened after i had everything installed. but not right away.

well you see, dell sends you recovery disks, and not installation disks. so when it puts the os on your hard drive, it installs all the drivers for the original pc and stuff so thats why it bsod's

ok, that answers why it crashes? now, can i buy Windows Vista Home Premium, and use it for both of the comps?

Back
Top Bottom