Pirate Bay

the US will invade them and start a war with them just like iraq. they will imprison the leader Gottfrid Svartholm and then take him to court :)

stupid copyrights....

Zapdos said:
other countreys probibly dont even care...

they don't.... look at all the spam that comes from other countries! let's not forget all the pirated software and stuff that comes from overseas either!

I love The Pirate Bay. Their torrents may not be the best, but they have the most spirit out of any torrent site... That would be cool if they offered hosting to other torrent sites having issues out there

mammikoura said:
umm, or not?

And though it's a pretty cool idea, don't know if it would really be worth it. As far as I know Sweden has close to none copyright laws, though piratebay has had their servers raided by the police, but as we all know there isn't anything illegal about the torrent files.
Yeah, but the MPAA and such can pressure Sweden into caring. Also, pirate bay hosts trackers for the torrents, and since they basically are the core of the whole torrent downloading system, they could be illegal.

freestyler105 said:
Yeah, but the MPAA and such can pressure Sweden into caring. Also, pirate bay hosts trackers for the torrents, and since they basically are the core of the whole torrent downloading system, they could be illegal.

"could be illegal"
But there is nothing illegal about them, and as far as I know they are not illegal in any country. The tracker basically just connect people to eachother. And there is nothing illegal about that, if there would be then the whole internet would be illegal.

well use common sense. people are using it for illegal purposes.

if i was the government of that country, i would cut off the sources so people would stop downloading the stuff :)

borat_sagdiyev said:
well use common sense. people are using it for illegal purposes.

But how do you stop them? You say they can't host the tracker/distribute torrents because people could use it for illegal stuff? Yeah, I guess we should also ban stuff like baseball bats since they can also be used for illegal stuff, right? Ohh, I know, lets also ban all computers since they can also be used for illegal stuff! While we are at it lets ban almost everything!

You get what I'm saying? They aren't doing anything illegal, so there is very little the government can do against them. You guys always just think that torrents are illegal, but they are simply files that tell a program to connect to someone elses computer, there is no copyrighted material on the actual torrents. And torrents are used for a lot of legal stuff too, like distributing operating systems and other large stuff. (talking about free operating systems like linux of course)

Back
Top Bottom