3GHz!!!

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
:D Sorry, but I had to share my excitement. I haven't tested to see if it's stable yet, but I finally hit 3GHz! The idle is still 35, which is very good for my case.

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=156355

...WOW, I just noticed my RAM was running at 231MHz... I could've sworn I had a 3:2 FSB:RAM ratio. This is strange; is XP Home just more stable than X64? It would never do this under X64.

EDIT: Aww, I got the "NOT EXACT IN ROUND" errors consistently in SuperPi. :( My computer still hasn't restarted yet though!

muz379 said:
what was the stock speed

2.4GHz. I thought I had found its limit at 2.85 though a while back. This overclock is not an extremely pretty percentage, but it's a nice overclock for this processor.

I was able to boost my Athlon CPU from 1333MHZ to 1500MHZ stable. I could of run it at 1666MHZ, but it wouldn't go. It's an Athlon 2700A+ <-Don't ask. It's onboard affairs.

My P$ went from 3000MHZ, to 3815, but the BIOS failed...lol
I'll never OC my stuff anymore

Not bad at all, might try to see how far I can take my cpu. P4 3.0Ghz and I have it running at 3380mhz now.

Well, the fastest clock I could see was a 4.5GHZ CPU...unless I find a way to unlock the CPU miltiplier.

Back
Top Bottom