Is this a good gaming pc?

what games do you think you will be playing on those machines?

but yes i think those e520's would work great, but i hope you looked these up in the small business section of dell, you can save hundreds of dollars,

you could look at the dimension 9200 http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_9200?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04
for games (it is under small business) and to order from small business when you order, simply put in the name of your business to come, they dont do a background check to see if it exists or not, just type in your business and save mulah!

as for those internet browsers
http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dimen_c521?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04
the c521 is very small and you can put a monitor right ontop of the system and saves power, and space yet can still handle a few games

For the games, I'm thinking of these:
ghost recon:advanced warfighter (not sure about this one)
Half-Life and mods
Half-Life2 and mods
BF1942
BF2
Warcraft
C&C
Freeciv
Battlefield 2142
Company of Heroes
Flight Simulator X Deluxe
Sid Meier's Civilization IV
need for speed
doom3
Age of Empires III
King Kong, Myst V
Splinter Cell
Earned in Blood
card games

I guess the list will grow as demand grows but these games are in mind right now. I'm sure the systems will handle many of these games but I'm not sure of all of them. what do you think? Would you say the 9200 or the e520 can handle these games?

i know for a fact that the 9200 with the best graphics and a gig of ram will play all those, and the e520 will too just not as good... except im not sure about GRAW, i think it would play but im not sure, my x300 128mb radeon will play it and get about 15fps on all low, and that gfx card sucks! so those 9200's should be able to play it if you get the good gfx, and for the internet i would really take a look at those c521's

i think its really up to you as far as the 9200 or e520 i know they would both play those (except maybe GRAW) but the 9200 would be obviously better, and the e520 would be good, but not the best, its really up to you whether you want to go all the way, i would think dell would give a discount if you order a lot of computers at once but im not sure

Hey, you like alienware but not dell? That doesnt make any sense buddy, as dell owns alienware, therefore, alienwares are dells too.

superman22x said:
Hey, you like alienware but not dell? That doesnt make any sense buddy, as dell owns alienware, therefore, alienwares are dells too.

Haha that is true

The only thing i don't like about the original post is the FSB on the proc. its a little low considering lots of teh pentium 4's on the market are running at 800Mhz FSB. Otherwise its not a bad system.

Most of the comptuer's i see checked in at work are dells. That said, none of them are brand new (that would be the compaqs we get) and most of them just have a crap load of viruses on them. Just don't go too skimpy on the price, cuz like any other comptuer manufactuer, if you go below $700, you start to get some crappy machines.

For $1297 i can get this system which i don't think is too bad.

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E6600 (4MB L2 Cache,2.4GHz,1066 FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
1GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz- 2DIMMs
160GB hard drive
48x CD-RW / DVD-ROM Combo Drive
free 20 inch E207WFP monitor upgrade
256MB nVidia GeForce 7900 GS
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

what do you all think of the vcard in one?

that is a nice system for the price. the video card is good, not many upgrade options from there. It will run the games you listed just fine. If thats in your price range, i'd go for it.

Back
Top Bottom