rymort

In Runtime
Just got done building a computer...

C2D E6300
GB-965P-DS3
2gb corsair ddr2 800
550 ultra PSU
bfg geforce 7900

I go to start it up and it makes like a revving sound, the cpu fan jerks then stops, the psu fan jerks then stops. The computer sounds like its reving up then stoppping like it gets a boost of power and loses it. what could be the problem?

Sounds like there is something, possibly some sort of power connector, jammed in a fan.. open it up, and make sure nothing is in the way of anything..

yeah, I wire is defintly loose..Its getting power, and then there is a break in the currect. Make sure the harddrive wire is plugged in nice and tight..

I hooked up a case fan to the mobo and it does the same thing, i spun the cpu fan with my fingers, nothings jammed... all 3 fans do this...

yea the same thing happens to me. i got the same motherboard and the C2D e6400. the cpu fan spins then stalls then it spins again and the computer boots up. nothing is loose idk what it is.

i never let it go too long, maybe it will eventually boot up like you said

Also I went through every connector on this computer including EVERYTHING and nothing is lose, i dont understand this at all... I sure hope i dont have to ship these parts back to the vendor

Alright, just went to try booting it up again and now it does absolutly nothing, just sits there as if i never hit the power button

Ok, Ive been doing alot of research, apparently ALOT of people are having this problem, Its the mother board itself that wont go into post because of incompatible ram (my 2gb corsair XMS2 PC6400 ddr2 800 dual channel) Although with a bios update it will recognize this ram... the thing is I CANT get into the bios to the Qflash utility... *Sigh*

My options: Return this POS mobo, or buy some lower end ram, use it to flash bios then return it to the store...

Anyone else have any options I can try before I pack this mobo up and return it?

Edit: I GOT IT WORKING... YES!

What I did was I left it running with 1 stick of corsaid ddr2 800 memory in and it finally booted into the bios where I QUICKLY flashed the bios with F8 ( I hear this is the most stable atm) And now Im about to go install XP. W00T thx guys

Back
Top Bottom