Introducing the Iphone! (wow)

oh my god, people are suing over the stupidest crap lately. first nintendo gets sued over a controller, now apple gets sued over a damn "i" ? pretty damn retarded if you ask me.

that is so ridiculously awesome! Damn i wish i had one right now but then after about 6 months i will wish i didn't because every asshole in the world is gonna be using one....so maybe it won't be so glamorous by then

edit - well upon further reading i found out that this phone will be exclusive to cingular wireless users only so if you're with any other cell phone company then you're SOL if you want this phone (unless you switch of course).

I wonder when that will come out in australia

Actually, Apple tried trademarking (not sure if it went through) the lowercase 'i' commonly used in their products. The problem is that Infogear trademarked the name back in 1996 before Apple started that 'i' stuff, then when Cisco bought Infogear in 2000, they owned the rights to the iPhone name. I think Apple and Cisco were trying to reach an agreement over the name, but Apple just went ahead and announced it as the iPhone, so Cisco definately has the right to sue. If they had reached an agreement and Cisco sued, that would be retarded, but that's not the case. Cisco has the name trademarked, Apple kept trying to reach an agreement for the name, never reached it and announced the phone as the iPhone.

I say power to Cisco. Apple clearly crossed the line.

Breaking news, Companies are already considering sueing them for millions over the name iPhone, too much like iPod, I guess.
By the way, the BBC now let us download the morning news etc to our iPods, so we can see it as we travel to work, do other countries like America have this?

Brookfield said:
Breaking news, Companies are already considering sueing them for millions over the name iPhone, too much like iPod, I guess.
By the way, the BBC now let us download the morning news etc to our iPods, so we can see it as we travel to work, do other countries like America have this?

Yeah, I posted that. Cisco is suing Apple because of the name. Check the post above yours.

Haha, yeah. They're called Podcasts. I like to download The 1UP Show and the 1UP Yours podcasts. Good stuff.

EDIT>>> Here's my post:
alvino said:
Actually, Apple tried trademarking (not sure if it went through) the lowercase 'i' commonly used in their products. The problem is that Infogear trademarked the name back in 1996 before Apple started that 'i' stuff, then when Cisco bought Infogear in 2000, they owned the rights to the iPhone name. I think Apple and Cisco were trying to reach an agreement over the name, but Apple just went ahead and announced it as the iPhone, so Cisco definately has the right to sue. If they had reached an agreement and Cisco sued, that would be retarded, but that's not the case. Cisco has the name trademarked, Apple kept trying to reach an agreement for the name, never reached it and announced the phone as the iPhone.

I say power to Cisco. Apple clearly crossed the line.

spoke to an Apple employee yesterday. he's going to lend me one 'presale' for my company when they arrive in Amsterdam. wahay, good news, but as he points out-a lack of 3G will really hinder the professional market to take them up.he predicts they will sell in zillions, but to the younger generation that don't need to use them for work.
they look good though...

Yeah, the lack of 3G is a real bummer.

My predictions is that it'll still sell like crazy, mostly to the youth simply because it looks good and because it's from Apple. Seriously...I can easily tell you that quite a bit of the users who buy the iPhone won't even use all of the features.

Back
Top Bottom