Which RAM upgrade?

kotu100

Solid State Member
i've had my system built for a while now but im gettin used to the sped and want something a lil bit faster.
im not too experienced when it comes to computer hardware and whatnot but i learn quickly and have some basic knowledge.
mobo= Nvidia NForce 4 ultra
cpu= Amd 64 3200+
ram= corsair vs512mb400
psu= 500W http://3btech.net/blco5020or24.html
hdd= maxtor 100gb
gpu= Ati visiontek radeon x1300 xge (just got it this week)

so can anyone reccommend some good ram for me to get? im looking to upgrade about 1gb for a total of 2gb.
also would it be better to get a single 1gb or dual 512mb sticks?

oh and one more thing... i want to upgrade to a 350gb hdd because the maxtor is really noisy and annoying, any good choices for that too?

im tryin not to spend more than $200 total on both the Ram and hdd.

would it be possible to run ddr2 ram on this mobo? i just want to be able to get the most for my money.

well a link to the mobo would be good. But if you are running ddr now then no, you can't use ddr2 in it. Won't fit.

And the products that muz379 gave are good for the price.

Yeah post the mobo details, coz it looks like ya have just posted the chipset details

said:
Main Memory

* Four 184-pin DDR DIMMs up to 4GB
* Supports Dual Channel DDR266/333/400 memory

so I'd recommend getting ddr400. It's the fastest memory the mobo supports.

would this extra gig of ram make a noticable diff in my computer speed? or should i look into upgrading my mobo and cpu altogether?

kotu100 said:
would this extra gig of ram make a noticable diff in my computer speed? or should i look into upgrading my mobo and cpu altogether?
i would suggest cleaning up the system first,maybe it has slowed down over time with spyware,malware,trojans.,clean out history in registry and other items not needed.Would the extra gig help .yes a little.

Back
Top Bottom