just ordered!!!

about the cpu temps, I'm guessing that you just put too much/not enough thermal paste there. Or then you did something else wrong, since those temps are way too high. But try reseating it, also keep in mind that the temps will drop after a while when the thermal paste starts working properly. But this can't be the reason for the temps being so high.

Though since AUX seems to be way hotter than anything should be, it could be your temp sensors. Does bios give you the same idle temp?

the AUX thing i'm ignoring cause i just turne on my computer after being totally off for the last 8 hours and it still says right at 119C.

bios registers my startup cpu temp at 54c.

i downloaded the program Core Temp just to make sure that speed fan wasn't just reading the temps wrong. core temp says i'm idleing at 31c for core0 and 35c for core1. also just to test i ran dual prime again and it got to 62c.(according to core temp)

i haven't reseat it yet, but i can't think of how i did it wrong. i read a bunch of FAQs on it around the internet and i'm pretty sure i did everything right. (pea sized drop in middle and let the heatsink spread it and i locked it in place.)

ownage said:
My setup is going to be similar to that. Except i'm going to be using a different psu, cpu, motherboard and the little things. But the cpu is just going to be a Xeon 3060.

the day when it finally becomes available! i've been waiting for the 3060 to become available for the longest time, it really is the best choice for any gamer overclocker, its dual core, on LGA 775 (you dont have to buy some dumbass server mobo), and it can take more pushing than the core 2 cores.

get some artic silver thermal paste. It always drops temps by around 4 degrees. At least for me it did. And make sure not to put so much. The purpose of the paste is to just create enough contact between the HSF and cpu. If that doesn't help, i'd suggest getting a new HSF. Maybe a nice copper zalman. Perhaps your HSF is malfunctioning.

And i feel for you. I really do. This happened when i made my first set up. I dropped 1500 on it, and it started fxxxing up. I was so mad. Felt kinda like, why me? There are thousands of computer builders out there, why did it have to be mine that malfunctions. Why?

Haha. That's why i just stopped building computers and am planning to buy a laptop. Too many individual parts can go wrong. Good luck.

Logan said:
the AUX thing i'm ignoring cause i just turne on my computer after being totally off for the last 8 hours and it still says right at 119C.

bios registers my startup cpu temp at 54c.

i downloaded the program Core Temp just to make sure that speed fan wasn't just reading the temps wrong. core temp says i'm idleing at 31c for core0 and 35c for core1. also just to test i ran dual prime again and it got to 62c.(according to core temp)

i haven't reseat it yet, but i can't think of how i did it wrong. i read a bunch of FAQs on it around the internet and i'm pretty sure i did everything right. (pea sized drop in middle and let the heatsink spread it and i locked it in place.)

You did nothing wrong. Its the stock cooler that is your problem. Its not good at all. What did you expect to get with stock?

Zaki said:
the day when it finally becomes available! i've been waiting for the 3060 to become available for the longest time, it really is the best choice for any gamer overclocker, its dual core, on LGA 775 (you dont have to buy some dumbass server mobo), and it can take more pushing than the core 2 cores.

Some E6600s are better than the 3060 though. Depends on how lucky you really are. But the 3060s tend to be a little better average wise.

ok i did do something wrong. not sure what but i must have. i took off the stock cooler and cleaned off the silver paste, reapplied it and put the HSF back on(same process as before) and now it idles at 27c and never gets above 60c full load. (i'm using core temp, TAT, and speedfan to find an average). fyi speedfan reports consistantly 4 degrees higher than the other 2 programs.

anyway, now it runs fine, cool, and games are awesome with the x1950xt.

i know my temps are much better but what are the safe idle and load temps for the E6600?

probably contact issues. You're not always going to get good contact. Load temps should be under 60*C. Idle depends on your ambient.

Back
Top Bottom