AMD or Intel

If you burn up an AMD, you're doing something wrong.
And the single core Athlon 64's aren't as bad at multitasking as everyone makes them out do be, I don't understand why people make such a big deal about that. It seems that everyone does, and I know for a fact that my brother's 4000+ is very adequate at multitasking. It completely destroyed my old P4. Who needs to listen to music, play a game, type up something on excel and/or word, and browse web pages all at the same time? That's the only thing I think a dual core would beat a single core on, besides maybe graphic editing or multiple benchmarks at once, but the former is completely useless.
I use an AMD x2 and I'm happy with it. Sure, I could've gotten an intel, but that would make my build a ways above $2000 and I wasn't going to do that.

actually what processor really depends on application, are you a hard core gamer and overclocker go amd, if you are more into surfing the net doing schoolwork or running solidworks cad software then the choice is intel, however with the core 2 duo and extremes out and the quad core technology intel is becoming more and more popular with some gamers and overclockers

chopil said:
i know how amd processor easily burn up compare it to some intel processors.. i just cant beleive i suck at defending my line on the other forums, hehe!

i use athlon for gaming

intel for multitasking puposes

still confused with this one..
If an AMD burns up, odds are it wasn't cooled properly. AMD CPUs were never all that great for oveclocking.. that is a crown only intel deserves.

lordraptor1 said:
actually what processor really depends on application, are you a hard core gamer and overclocker go amd, if you are more into surfing the net doing schoolwork or running solidworks cad software then the choice is intel, however with the core 2 duo and extremes out and the quad core technology intel is becoming more and more popular with some gamers and overclockers

Who said overclocking you should go with AMD? And who said games should be AMD? As of right now...NOTHING should be with AMD. Unless you are going for memory bandwidth benchmarks which don't mean diddly squat. Intel is king right now, and will be until AMD launches their new architecture cpu's. (nobody should bring up K8L as its not new. Its only a tweaked K8, hence the name K8L)

Well would you look at that...the poll is 127 to 123 in AMD's favor. Last year, no one would've even imagined it would be like that.

ownage said:
Who said overclocking you should go with AMD? And who said games should be AMD? As of right now...NOTHING should be with AMD. Unless you are going for memory bandwidth benchmarks which don't mean diddly squat. Intel is king right now, and will be until AMD launches their new architecture cpu's. (nobody should bring up K8L as its not new. Its only a tweaked K8, hence the name K8L)

A lotta AMD's processors are dirt cheap because of the price cuts. For $100 you can get a nicer AMD processor then INTEL processor.

I still like AMD even if Intel is pwning right now, because AMD will come out with something better and then years later Intel will come out with something better, it is going to be a never ending battle.

mayorredbeard said:
A lotta AMD's processors are dirt cheap because of the price cuts. For $100 you can get a nicer AMD processor then INTEL processor.

Intel's price to performance ratio is still better than AMD even if AMD is cheaper. So even though Intel costs a bit more, you're actually getting better bang for your buck.

alvino said:
Intel's price to performance ratio is still better than AMD even if AMD is cheaper. So even though Intel costs a bit more, you're actually getting better bang for your buck.
Which further proves just HOW MUCH Intel is better right now.

Back
Top Bottom