UTorrent Question

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
I'm getting really, really slow download speeds (5 kb/s or under) and it's never been this low before. So I'm looking around and see this warning at the bottom "Not connectible. A firewall/router is limiting your network traffic. You need to open up a port so others can connect to you."

How do I go about opening a port? I've already turned my firewall off and that didn't seem to do anything although it did speed up my download speed quite a bit but it came back down to the slow speed.

Dunno if I can ask this sort of question here so I'm just throwing this out there...

go to the router settings. To do this just use the ip of the router (found in manual) and put it into your browser. Just like you would do with any website address.
Then find firewall settings or something like that, kinda hard to say since we don't know what kind of router you have. But once you get inside the router it should be pretty easy to find the firewall settings. Then just open the port that utorrent uses. (you can change this in the utorrent settings)

Back
Top Bottom