New Build not working crashing?

Mattyl110792

Daemon Poster
Hey,

Just build a new pc for a mate...specs below...and upon first boot, has turned on fine, had a little problem with the ROM drive connections,but thats fixed....now ive put the XP Disc in, and when it starts loading the files....at random times, can be even before it loads the disc, can be during the loading files or can even get to the screen before you start installing....I have reseated the RAM, checked all connections...could be bad RAM? Ill post a pic in a second...

Athlon 64 X2 3800+
ASUS M2N-MX Mobo (using the intergrated graphics)
2X512 Corsair DDR667 Value RAM
80GB Seagate SATA2 Harddisk

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Matt

so when you say starts randomly loading the files, do you mean the files on the disk?

Thanks for the quick reply, But no, the files on the disk are fine...I mean it can ramdomly freeze at any time....and i dont think its the VGA as it doesn't always show like im about to in the pic...it's weird something isn't working right lol...temps are fine...Heres the pic....

IMAG0039.JPG

And sorry for the double post, damn timeout lol

Matt

lol yea its ok its been doing that a ton lately, and i have no idea what the problem is, you may want to take some ram from a buddies pc and put it in there to test it, and try a dedicated gfx card to check, other than that i would think that something somewhere is seriously messed up...

Lol, that would mean i would have to take my RAM out!!!! Don't have any spare DDR2 RAM lying about lol...i do have a spare GF 6500 so might give that a try first...

Thanks,

Matt

do you mind taking a pic of the computer itself, like the insides?

EDIT: and yea give the gfx card a try

AHA!!!!!

Just spent that whole time doing all sorts of things, pulling this here there, trying this new swapping that's that....and am not in the process of installing windows.....i came to the conclusion that it was the old CD-ROM Drive in it....kept stalling it lol....i'm real annoyed now ;)

Thanks for the help....i'll post the poor picture i took of the pc in a minute Bullzi

Matt

EDIT: If i wasn't annoyed then, i am very annoyed now. just as i clicked Post Reply, the bitch froze on me...out of options, only thing that i can think of now is the PSU....it is a pretty crappy one?

Mattyl110792 said:
AHA!!!!!

Just spent that whole time doing all sorts of things, pulling this here there, trying this new swapping that's that....and am not in the process of installing windows.....i came to the conclusion that it was the old CD-ROM Drive in it....kept stalling it lol....i'm real annoyed now ;)

Thanks for the help....i'll post the poor picture i took of the pc in a minute Bullzi

Matt

EDIT: If i wasn't annoyed then, i am very annoyed now. just as i clicked Post Reply, the bitch froze on me...out of options, only thing that i can think of now is the PSU....it is a pretty crappy one?

man that sucks, did you try the dedicated gfx?

the psu might be the problem how many watts is it? and what brand?

Yeah, tried a dedicated GFX soon after...no go..so put in my old PSU that has worked on this pc which is a lot more consuming lol, but nope....gonna reseat the CPU this morning, only thing i need some thermal paste..

Matt

Back
Top Bottom