ooh external graphics card released :)

Soo all i have to do is plug this into my pc card slot and the wall and hten it works right? nothing else? no external moniter required? I want to get one of these for my laptop seeing as how i only have a 32 mb Ati mobility radeon 7500 :(

They should create a special port, so like that, you could use the new video card, and it should display on the laptop's screen.

it displays on the laptop screen i believe. but the video card can be exchanged inside the enclosure and stuff :)

lhuser said:
They should create a special port, so like that, you could use the new video card, and it should display on the laptop's screen.

It plugs into your ExpressCard slot. It can still display through your laptop's monitor.

niceties55 said:
So what is its interface connector? USB,FireWire? What else is there?

USB and Firewire are too slow and don't have enough bandwidth to send such data. Like I said, it uses the ExpressCard slot in your laptop.

Yup. It's essentially a compact PCI-E slot.

EDIT>>> The XG Station shows up as another video card, and you'll need an external monitor to use it. So you can't use it on your laptop's built-in monitor. Still gives good performance boost though.

Back
Top Bottom