*Windows Home Server*

Raffaz

Golden Master
Thanks to Snoopy51 over at MCSEWorld for this.

At the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas this week (see my special report), Microsoft previewed its long-awaited Windows Home Server (WHS) product, a Windows Server 2003 R2-based server for consumers that dispenses with the complexities of most Windows Server versions and provides the core storage, sharing, and remote access functionality that digital media and home networking enthusiasts require. It's an innovative and exciting product, and I'm happy to finally be able to discuss it. Chances are, if you read this site regularly, you're going to want Windows Home Server.

Codenamed "Q" (and previously codenamed "Quattro"), Windows Home Server is designed to be almost diabolically simple, and after two and a half years of active development, Microsoft feels like it's arrived at an interface that is simple enough "even for mom" while being powerful enough for even the most jaded power user. The only downside to WHS, from what I can tell, is that there won't be a public beta. Instead, Microsoft will open up the product to an outside private beta test in late February and then ship it in late 2007. But if you can bear the wait, take heart: WHS will be available via both standalone software and pre-made servers. In short, it's all good news. Let's take a look.

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/whs_preview.asp

Whatever next!

Oo, wicked. I just installed Datacenter on our server, I think i'll be sticking with that for a while though..

Lol, long story!..

I originially tried 2003 Enterprise, but it would not let me create some permissions in AD, because it said I did not have correct permission, yet I was the administrator? So, I went onto 2000 Advanced.. which would not install, just stopped half way through and I got a blue screen.

So, there sat 2000 Datacentre.. installed it, works like a treat!

joxley1990 said:
Lol, long story!..

I originially tried 2003 Enterprise, but it would not let me create some permissions in AD, because it said I did not have correct permission, yet I was the administrator? So, I went onto 2000 Advanced.. which would not install, just stopped half way through and I got a blue screen.

So, there sat 2000 Datacentre.. installed it, works like a treat!

[/URL]
How fast is this server , and how many comps you got in your house

nnice what do you use it as a storage and a router/gateway or jjst storage

Back
Top Bottom