Switching Windows between hard drives

DEccles

Baseband Member
I just bought a new hard drive and I want it to be the master boot drive so I can transfer all of my files to the new one and remove the old one completely.

Problem is I can't find my Windows XP CD/Key anywhere so I can't just install it on the new hard drive.

Is there anyway I can configure windows or install it from the first hard drive for this end?

Thanks

ok, for the key, what type of pc is it?? is it custom or manufactured? just tell me that and that'll help majorly, whether your screwed or not...lol

Custom, within the last few months I've upgraded everything... last piece being the hard drive. My friend mentioned Norton Ghost as a possibility to capture my old hard drive and imput it on the new one.

ok, well sorry, i cant help with HD programs, i was going to try to help with windows key but since its not made by a company i cant, by tomorrow you should have some pretty good answers, sorry i couldnt help...

good luck!!!!
and i hope it all works out, im pretty sure there is a way to do it, but idk how and i dont want to mess it up to where you loose everything

NP, thanks for the response nonetheless. You'd think windows would have something to allow for the installation of new hard drives... well, other than using your CD and Key hopefully

Back
Top Bottom