Please Help: Pent D, Pent 4, AMD 64?

somsto75 said:
well, i found an Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz for $220. good price? and that should go nicely with the p965 board. it goes slightly over my budget, but i suppose its worth it.

you guys gota understand too, for us single core morons, its very hard to except that core 2 duo @ 2.13 is going to be better than my pentium 4 @ 3.2g. but i understand theoretically that its true, but still lol

lol exactly what i thought, i was a large fan of p4 HT's a year ago, now i have an amdx2 laptop, its faster than my desktops, and my desktops are 3.0ghz p4's, but yea once you get it you will be very supprised with the multi-tasking abilities

somsto75 said:
well, i found an Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz for $220. good price? and that should go nicely with the p965 board. it goes slightly over my budget, but i suppose its worth it.
It's definatelly worth it. A E6400 is quite powerful.

you guys gota understand too, for us single core morons, its very hard to except that core 2 duo @ 2.13 is going to be better than my pentium 4 @ 3.2g. but i understand theoretically that its true, but still lol[/QUOTE]
Dual 2.13GHZ CPUs, higher cache, more pipelines, more clocks per cycles, faster FSB. I'm a single core guy, but I know that the speed I have is slower than that Dual core.

this was a big help. thanks to everybody.

im tryin to shave some dollars off my total. if I go with the 945 rather than the 965, will i be taking a big hit in performance and quality?

you could go with the e6300. If that's still too much, go with an AMD dual core. That's the next best thing. Pentium D's run hotter and aren't as fast. You should be able to get an AMD for a reasonable price.

im thinking now, e6400 with 946 to save on some money. I dont think theres a big difference between 965 and 946.

Back
Top Bottom