ATI or NVIDIA ??/ Advise Wanted

IF your going to buy such a high end card though, you might want to wait for directX 10. If you buy this card now, your gpu will be signifigantly outdated in no time at all. DirectX 10 promises many new things. I would hate to see you spend so much money on a new gfx card and miss out on DX 10.

Zapdos said:
the 7950gt beats the x1950pro. thats why decided to buy it instead of the ati card when i bought mine. http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?card1=445&card2=466 Plus the 7950gt can easily be overclocked

The X1950 Pro still gives the best performance for it's price range. It also runs cooler and has Digital PWM, unlike the 7950 GT which uses fugly-ass capacitors. It's also easily overclocked as well.

You could always wait for the R600. Owns the 8800 GTX.

alvino said:
You could always wait for the R600. Owns the 8800 GTX.

and will probably cost a small fortune.
But as I said I'd go with the 8800GTS, (if you can afford it) pretty expensive but a great card.

mammikoura said:
But as I said I'd go with the 8800GTS, (if you can afford it) pretty expensive but a great card.

i have an 8800GTS in my current system, and all i can say is all max settings and still have over 60 FPS in pitched combat! (not just small firefights, but big, large scale battles.)

Back
Top Bottom