How do I change Owner name?

Mattyl110792 said:
Thats weird that they are in different places.....spose thats computers for ya

Matt

Yah, and when i was googling it, i got a few different responses. I'm assuming this is something that varies slightly between computers. But that program i linked to worked.

Thank you , that worked so easy. Here is what i have now:http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o240/loop429/reg2.jpg

It also changed the root directory as well. Before I clicked "current version" i only got 2 sub roots (shell extension and approved) now in current version its got a long list. Will this have any effects on my computer or programs when things are changed around in the registry editor?

I tested by making a folder on my desktop, but it still has my name in the directory:http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o240/loop429/Clipboard02.jpg

Then i tried to change my name in local disk>documents and settings>
and it says i can't change it:http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o240/loop429/Clipboard03.jpg

I guess this might be a more difficult or impossible?

You shouldn't experince any problems with what the program did to your registry.

If for some odd and peculiar reason you experince problems due to the changes the program made in the registry, (which you shouldn't), you can simply backup your registry from the backup you made earlier.

What the program did was modify your "Current Version" Key/Folder to the proper manner. It directs the computer to look for the Registered Owner in the directory CurrentVersion/RegisteredOwner. The program has not made any changes that should affect any other part of the computer.

It says you cant change it because so many other folders use it as a root directory. I do not think you can change it, however I will play around with other things to see if their is a way to change it.

Jp425 said:
Thanks a bunch, you guys have been very very helpful. :)

I'll edit this post if i figure something else. If people have helped you feel free to give them some rep points. Just click the lil thing that looks like a balcne scale under the users name.

Okay, well all my efforts proved futile. I guess if you wanted to, you could copy all the contents out of that folder, then in the 'Documents and Settings' folder create a new folder called your name. And instead of saving files to the other folder, save it to the new one with your name.

Unless you reboot your computer you cannot change this folder. Windows considers it a system crucial folder.

Thats ok, i appreciate the help, i'll just leave it as it is, seems like too much work to change.

Could you not create a new user account....and navigate to \Documents and Settings\*Old Username*\

Hit CTRL+A, copy it all....paste it into \Documents and Settings\*New username*\

try that see if it works...i would leave the other folder there for a while just incase some programs cant find the path they looking for, because its moved from *Old user*\ to *New User*\....if u follow lol

Matt

Back
Top Bottom