!!Help with resoluton/screen

reid

Beta member
Last night i was fixing my pc b/c something got caught in one of the fans if fixed that problem and booted up. but before i booted up i pluged in the power source and it went on for a second the plug fell out and i plugged it back in and proceeded with booting up. It was okay. I was on for a while and then i restarted for whatever reason, and the screen came out black on the left hand side. Its about 2 inches wide and i cant see the rest of the screen like the clock. My resolution is usually on 1152x864 but it wont show up on that the black thing is still there. so i tried fixing it and putting my resolution on 1024x768 it fits but then its bigger than normally. Could this be some type of safe mode or did i mess up something inside pc when plugging it in.

Might be something simple, have you got an auto button on ya monitor to centralise the screen? Sounds like it might have lost its position

Go to the resolution you normally use and check what your refresh rate is. If you have a CRT monitor, the screen position can change based on that..

On the otherhand, you can always just play with the monitor controls and move it around until it fits..

i already tried the repositioning of monitor and my refresh rate is 75 hertz. I have it on a different resolution but i think its too big. i cant even tell now but its a 19" monitor i dont know what kind of resolution it should be on. but i didnt touch it and it should have stayed how it was. what should i do now?

i fixed it i just synchronized it in a properties i had under my video card settings but thanks a lot guys for helping.

Back
Top Bottom