New computer = headache

GSisaac

Baseband Member
I just buit my first computer (that I built that is, Ive had others) from parts from newegg. Everything was (to my best knolage and that of a friends) set up and pluged in correctly. However murphys law states that anything that can go wrong, will. So naturaly I encounterd a problem. It doesnt turn on. It did for about 4 mins but then promptly tunred off. It will everyonce and a while flash the LED lights in the case when I try to turn it on however it turns off again.

Ive tried everything I can think of and eliminated it down to either the CPU, Mobo, Powersupply, or a faulty case(Which is highly unlikely) . With me leaning twoards a faulty powersupply.

I have no way to determine if it is either of the 3 spesifcaly because it wont stay on.

Here are my Specs:
Asus p5b motherboard
Ati 1800xt 512mb graphics card
Rosewill re502-500w rt powersuply
Intel core 2 duo 2.13ghz
Corsair 1g Ram (x2)
320g ata seagate hard drive
combo samsung cd/dvd drive

Now does anyone know any possible solutions?

If not, which should I return? I think I read that newegg has a diferent policy for CPUs so I really need to find out what the problem is quick.

a faulty psu like you said
strip the mobo down to bare bones , CPU PSU,GPU and MOBO then try , i
Plus is everything secure , im sure you would have checkd this

Well I found that I think my GPU cord is broken >.<
Theirs a 6 prong connector that goes to the card, and the power cable that is atached to that is the usual 4 prong plug. However the thrid from the right plug is pushed in and coming out the back, I cant even push it back in with my hands.

However would it be neccesary for it to even power up to have a GPU in it.

well i would remove gpu and just power up with cpu and power supply see if it powers up
Plus if you have another gpu you could use to test , Also i would return this if it came damaged and get a replacement

Removed it, Still doesnt power up. The LEDs flash for a second like every 10th try though.

hmm the broken power cord could have shorted the mobo out and damaged it but its unlikely , probs a faulty psu

Is there not an extra power connector on that board? Have you got it connected?

What do you mean by extra powercord? Their are two plugs on the Mobo for power and their both pluged in.

Im worried also about the CPU, If that is the product at fult, then I only have a few days to return it.

Yes, I do. I think Im going to just call newegg and explain to them my problem.

...I do ditest the phone though.

EDIT: Im still on hold >.<

Back
Top Bottom