should i try for more ram

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok the system im getting is going to have 2gigs of ram defintally but i saw in another thread people saying that he should get 2 more gigs of ram and i was originally going to get 4 gigs but people said it wasnt worth it so i was wondering should i get 4 gigs or just 2 or maybe 3 give me some input

I have 3 and its pretty quick. I see a difference over my alienwares 2gb. I imagine 4 would be fast aswell but seems a bit over kill. Ive been told 3 is overkill but screw it

2gb is enough for anything. I've been running 2gb for a while and it has been even better than I first expected.

2 gig should be fine, maybe 3, but yea as AMD said 4 is overkill, nothing is THAT demanding

^^ wait till vista comes out then if you need it upgrade then

muz379 said:
^^ wait till vista comes out then if you need it upgrade then

Vista will most certainly not require more than 2 gigs. If you have more then 2 gigs of ram your going to have a bottleneck somewhere else in your computer. Not worth it.

Like I said in the other thread, 2 gb is fine for what you are going to use it for. You really only need more if you are rendering video or doing something else that is really cpu intensive. Other than that, 2gb is fine, and yes, 3 is a little overkill, but 4 is a waste.

bullzi said:
2 gig should be fine, maybe 3, but yea as AMD said 4 is overkill, nothing is THAT demanding

Tons of stuff that demanding, but it's rare that a home user would ever run it.

Over 2 gigs and your computer will actually slow down as it will have to go thru more ram in order to find what it needs

mayorredbeard said:
Vista will most certainly not require more than 2 gigs. If you have more then 2 gigs of ram your going to have a bottleneck somewhere else in your computer. Not worth it.

but playing something like bf2 or crysis (when it comes out) with full settings on vista might require more than 2gb's of ram. Right now bf2 on win xp needs 1.5gb to run smoothly on full settings.

well im planning on getting getting 2 gigs to start with and then when i get some more money i think ill upgrade my 2 1 gigs and up to a 2 gig and try to add another one gig to it so i have three, im trying to make this computer as fast as i can so im buying the best or close to the best stuff for it.

Back
Top Bottom