New notebook...which processor

kocheez75

In Runtime
which processor is better in terms of battery life & perfomance (both weighed equally)?

Amd Turion 64 mobile MK-36 (2.0 GHz/512KB)

or

Intel Core Solo T1350 (1.86 GHz/2MB L2 Cache)

i'd say go with the intel for the 65nm and the lower voltage requirements.
it is only 32-bit though.

Go with the Intel Core Solo. The architecture itself is better than the Turion's regardless of the fact that they're both single-core.

Well even if it was comparing the Intel Core Duo to the AMD Turion X2, I would easily pick the Core Duo anyways.

alvino said:
Well even if it was comparing the Intel Core Duo to the AMD Turion X2, I would easily pick the Core Duo anyways.
Definetly my core duo 1.66ghz runs like a champ.. my CPU Usage has never gone above 50 cuz it cuts the work in half.. that way it doesnt waste energy therfore less power usage =P....

well i wasnt getting at the fact of choosing amdx2 over intelx2, just saying, i have an amd turion 64x2 and it runs very good, even when playing a game the cpu usage doesnt go over 40%, but i cant say amd or intel here because i havent used an intelx2 yet, only single core amd and intel..

just to let everyone know, i decided on the intel core solo. I will only be using it for word processing, internet, and music every once in a while, so battery life and price were the most important factors. My desktop system is just fine for gaming :D

Back
Top Bottom