The Feds can listen to you.... WHILE YOUR PHONE IS OFF!!

acottenham said:
nah its not the fact that i dont have anything to hide from the police its just that you can no longer have a private call or what ever without thinking there could be someone listening in on your convo! just think if the police can do it whats stopping the guy down the street from doing it!

Up here in Canada it's legal for the government to listen in on any cell phone call without a warrant. Airwaves are considered public, so even I can listen in on any cellphone calls I want.

But i know if they hacked into your cellphone in order to use it as a mic, that this would be considered highly illegal in Canada.

damnn you could be talking about anything not knowing they are listening to you because your phone is off, has to be illigal in some way?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Up here in Canada it's legal for the government to listen in on any cell phone call without a warrant. Airwaves are considered public, so even I can listen in on any cellphone calls I want.

But i know if they hacked into your cellphone in order to use it as a mic, that this would be considered highly illegal in Canada.
it's illegal in america too...
read the CNN story, you'll see that they had to obtain a warrant, and in order to obtain that warrant they had to proove that normal methods of survelance were ineffective.

Hey, the government did admit to recording phone calls of american citizens. I heard Dubya talking about it on tv one time a while back.

Seems like the government can do just about anything they want these days. Who cares about constitutional rights.....

why can't we have "build your own ATX cell phone" so we could ensure this wouldn't happen?

^^ probably can but i am not bovered cos my mobile phone is never charged so whaddyaknow

joxley1990 said:
I bet it would only be used in very extreme circumstances.

somehow I think they are going to use it when ever they want for what ever they want, warrant or not.

and D-Lew, what would that really change? You would build a mobile phone without the microphone? :D

No... surely there has to be something in the software that allows it to do that. It wasn't designed to just work that way, you know? At least I hope it wasn't...

Back
Top Bottom