Electronics in American homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to article or story. Or it didn't happen.
Actually it did happen.
though it's not actually as it said in the orioginal post,
the story doesn't refer (as I heard it on the radio) to American homes in general, it is in relation to the device convention that is currently taking place in ls vegas. and refers to home in general, though I heard a british technology journalist talking about it, I'm not sure as to whether he was talking about american homes, (quoting a fact that he heard at the convention, British homes, or homes in general regardless of country...

the story also says electronic gadgets, so this will include things like PDAs, gameboys etc... suddenly my device count shot through the roof.

can't find a link.
if anyone wants to go to the listen again section and listen to the drive time show on BBC radio 2 though, when the busines sections come on (from yesterady) you'll hear the report.

root said:
Actually it did happen.
though it's not actually as it said in the original post,
The story doesn't refer to American homes in general, it is in relation to the device convention that is currently taking place in Las Vegas.
Perhaps this will convince my little band of I.C.B.T.B.S.I's [ It can't be true, Brookfield said it] that I didn't imagine it!

Brookfield said:
Glad you edited, & no, you show me who who is able to link to one small comment in amongst a load of others, & the US probably isn't the only place that has all these items, I know that, but some Americans, [not all] love bragging, like;- I have a 36" plasma/24" TFT monitor/ 2kw quadruple sound surround speaker system/car that does 8 miles to a gallon, etc, yes, be proud of what you have of course, your country is probably the richest in the world, & the world knows that, mainly because some of you keep telling us so.

Why should I be the one showing YOU when you're the one who was questioning it and getting a whiny over it. I'm not your messenger boy. :rolleyes:

Funny how this is starting to become some bitchfest about Americans and our "36" plasma/24" TFT monitor/ 2kw quadruple sound surround speaker system/car that does 8 miles to a gallon" things. :rolleyes: Sure, some do brag about it, but not all Americans. Why don't you go to Dubai and tell them and their garages full of Mercedes-Benz and BMW's that. There are other countries that are full of rich people that like to brag about what they have, not just America. :rolleyes:

root said:
Actually it did happen.
though it's not actually as it said in the orioginal post,
the story doesn't refer (as I heard it on the radio) to American homes in general, it is in relation to the device convention that is currently taking place in ls vegas. and refers to home in general, though I heard a british technology journalist talking about it, I'm not sure as to whether he was talking about american homes, (quoting a fact that he heard at the convention, British homes, or homes in general regardless of country...

the story also says electronic gadgets, so this will include things like PDAs, gameboys etc... suddenly my device count shot through the roof.

can't find a link.
if anyone wants to go to the listen again section and listen to the drive time show on BBC radio 2 though, when the busines sections come on (from yesterady) you'll hear the report.

Ah, okay. At least you can vouch for it.

Brookfield said:
Perhaps this will convince my little band of I.C.B.T.B.S.I's [ It can't be true, Brookfield said it] that I didn't imagine it!

Grow up. :rolleyes:

alvino said:
Why should I be the one showing YOU when you're the one who was questioning it and getting a whiny over it. I'm not your messenger boy. :rolleyes:

Funny how this is starting to become some bitchfest about Americans and our "36" plasma/24" TFT monitor/ 2kw quadruple sound surround speaker system/car that does 8 miles to a gallon" things. :rolleyes: Sure, some do brag about it, but not all Americans. Why don't you go to Dubai and tell them and their garages full of Mercedes-Benz and BMW's that. There are other countries that are full of rich people that like to brag about what they have, not just America. :rolleyes:

Ah, okay. At least you can vouch for it.

Grow up. :rolleyes:
Hardly worth a reply, now this is really my last contact with you on this, I've been advised "not to let them get at you"
'Bye.

Good. It was getting rather annoying responding to you anyways. A waste of time.

Good day, sir.

Hardly worth a reply

if something isn't worth replying to then it's usually best not to reply.

perhaps we could let this thread die now?

root said:
if something isn't worth replying to then it's usually best not to reply, perhaps we could let this thread die now?
When I started this thread, it was solely to get members talking, discussing, unfortunately it has gone the way of many lately, I believe I've said before that 5 or 6 months ago, the arguing, bordering on flaming would rarely happen, so why is it happening now more frequently??, & yes, I admit that I got carried away, due to some members posts, let it die guys, I'll never post again here, such a disappointment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom