Car Thread!

My friend had anzos on his Focus and they sucked pretty bad, the throw was horrible. Seems like HID-safe headlights for the Focus cost like $500 and that's without the actual HID kit, the ones from Ford cost around $900 with the HID's. Good luck man.
I just got through cleaning and reinstalling my K&N panel, that took forever! I never had it "new" with my throttle body, I wonder what it's like...
Right now I'm thinking about supercharging my Focus, but I need to figure out what to do with my transmission. I'm going to need AT LEAST a new torque converter, a tune to increase trans fluid pressure for firmer shifts, and a trans cooler. I may even need a Ford Racing or Lentech recalibrated valve body. Eek.
All this for 180hp and 150 ft. lbs... I expect it to be around $2500 including a used Jackson Racing S/C.

^^Yeah some anzos have a really bad cutoff, there are a lot of tC's with stock housing with HID's on the forums so it seems safe for me to get my kit. Nice would it a be an electric S/C?

No, those are only good for like making a blender or something, they hardly work. I'm getting a Jackson Racing roots type M62 Eaton blower I think, it's good for about 80hp and 50 ft lbs on a manual so lower those numbers a bit and that's where I'll be on my auto. I think it's 6 or 7 pounds of boost. If I ever decide to, I can get the big boost kit, with new injectors, pulley, and belt and go up to around 9-10 psi, but that's the limit on that s/c, I've seen people melt pistons any higher than that. Plus, if I did this I'd also have to finish building the whole transmission and that = a LOT of money. I just want my car in the 15's, I think with that on there it would be around mid 15's. Right now I'm 17.1 with a dirty air filter, I know I dropped that .1 second since I cleaned it last night.

Edit: those numbers are a little off, you can click here for the real specs and a picture
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=5426

Man, you really need that supercharger for your tC. A friend of mine from school just bought a brand new tC too and he's got plans for it as well. He wanted another peak at my current setup. Now he's determined to get it boosted soon. In the meantime, I've already got people lined up to buy my supercharger lol. I don't think the supercharger in a Corolla will add any kind of value upon trade in. It's just extra cost. So I'm getting rid of it and having the stock intakes back on. Good thing I kept all the original parts.

Lexus unveiled the IS-F high-performance luxury sedan at a press conference at the 2007 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit.

The all-new 2008 IS-F high-performance luxury sedan will deliver more than 400 horsepower from a 5.0-liter V8 engine when it goes into production.

IS-F Performance Sedan

Much of the development of the new IS-F took place at Fuji Speedway and the Higashi-Fuji Technical Center in Japan. The IS-F is based on the proven rear-wheel-drive Lexus IS, which is equipped with a double-wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension. As well as the IS performs, Lexus engineers demanded much more of the all-new IS-F. The result is a performance tuned 5.0-liter V8 engine, topped with specially engineered heads fed by a two-stage intake system, that produces 400-plus horsepower and more than 350 ft.-lbs. of torque. The all-new IS-F is equipped with engine-oil and transmission-fluid coolers for high-speed performance and a cylinder head-scavenging oil pump for high g-force driving.

The IS-F engine is mated to the world's first eight-speed direct sport-shift transmission. A new torque-converter lock-up control was developed that allows for a direct, crisp gear change through the constant lock-up of the torque converter in second through eighth gears. In Drive mode, the IS-F transmission performs with great smoothness, and the torque converter allows for great launch ability for fast standing-start acceleration that will register a zero-to-60 time in less than 4.9 seconds.

This unique transmission also features an advanced Manual mode. A pair of paddles located within a fingertip's reach behind the steering wheel enables the driver to make ultra-fast up-shift gear changes within a tenth of a second. Downshifts are accompanied by automated and incredibly precise throttle blips to match engine RPM to vehicle speed.
The impressive acceleration achieved by the IS-F requires it be equipped with heavy-duty Brembo brakes designed to the specifications of the Lexus engineering team. Huge, 14.2-inch perforated front discs are gripped by rigid, powerful six-piston aluminum calipers, while 13.6-inch rear perforated discs feature two-piston calipers. High-friction brake pads are equipped on all four wheels. The brakes are finished with the Lexus name displayed on the calipers, a first for a Lexus production vehicle.
The IS-F features custom-designed 19-inch forged alloy wheels as standard. The wheels were built to Lexus specifications by BBS and are surrounded by high-performance sport tires.

Lexus IS-F Preliminary Specifications

Powertrain
Engine: 5.0 Liter V8

Estimated Horsepower: More than 400

Estimated Torque: More than 350 lb.-ft.

Transmission: Eight-speed direct paddle sport shift gear box

Brakes
Large diameter perforated discs
Front/Rear: 14.2 inches/13.6 inches

Opposed aluminum calipers
Front/Rear: Six piston/two piston

Wheels
Forged aluminum wheels
Front: 225/40R19 (19 x8)
Rear: 255/35R19 (19 x 9)

Performance
0-60 MPH Acceleration: Under 4.9 seconds

Fuel Economy: TBD

Emissions Rating: ULEV II

Dimensions (inches)
Overall Length: 183.5

Overall Width: 71.5

Overall Height: 55.5

Wheelbase: 107.5

lexsissneak.jpg

news.jpg

http://www.nihoncarandbike.com/en/news-407-X.html

Nissan Skyline anyone? Looks like a knockoff of the Infinit G35 series:

news.jpg

More 2007 Tokyo Auto Salon material coming from the Nippon Convention Center!

A couple weeks ago we had the chance to test drive the latest Skyline 350GT Sedan(review coming soon)but for the TAS Nissan came with a "meaner" version called the "Skyline Aero Concept"!

It doesn't take long to figure out what the "Aero" stands for as the car is fitted with a very impressive bodykit, lowered and using 20 inches alloy wheels the line of the car is quite heavy yet powerful, only the small rear wing softens the design above the massive exhausts and rear bumper.

Once again no informations on the mechanical parts but nowadays most concept cars are made to be built so, more infos about this Nissan monsters should be available in the upcoming weeks or months.

http://www.nihoncarandbike.com/en/news-414-TAS+07+-+Nissan+Skyline+Aero+Concept.html

2007 Nissan Altima Coupe

Nissan_Altima_4.jpg

2007 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Prototype_X_3.jpg

2007 Civic SI -- not very impressed with this car, but for the price, it's not too bad I guess

3.5k for the S/C for 40 more HP is not worth it, oh and what year is the tC your friend bought if its an 07 S/C arent available for 07's because they change MAF sensor, the headers design and the intake. S/C only work for 05's and 06's i think TRD isnt going to launch the S/C for the 07's. OH and next week im ordering my 8000k HID kit for my lows i cant wait!!! :) :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

I agree with you about the cost to performance factor. I paid about the same price and I question myself sometimes. However, it definitely makes it a lot of fun to drive compared to what it was stock. You can feel the pickup a lot more and with so much torque, I have to be careful not to peel out of the driveway or any ramp that leads me out onto the streets. Wheels spins so easily. But by no means, is it super fast. I have a hard time keeping up with an IS300, lol.

I think he got the 06 tC because he was telling me how he got a good deal for it. That new Lexus IS-F I linked above has some serious power. It basically has the same chassis and body design as the Lexus IS 250/350, but with a new engine and transmission. So good. I'll bet that's out of our price range for most of us :p. Specs look good as it's a super duper high performance machine. I love it, but the IS350 will have to do for me since it's within my budget.

Don't know if you guys saw my thread in the social lounge, if you didn't catch it check it out. I got lots of good pics there.

Alrighty guys, I need some input on this. I'm probably about to drop a buttload on a new set of wheels, so I want to do it right the first time. I've thought about it for a while and I've been gravitating toward one style for my car, I think it will work with what I've got going on right now. It's Konig's Trouble wheels, mostly black with like a machined section on the front... hard to describe, so here's a picture:
K_Trouble.jpg

I think I can pull that off, but my question is, what do you think? Or do you have any other suggestions, I'll take a look at whatever. Problem is, if you're shopping for my car, there are some details in the fine print, namely:

4x108mm(4.5") Lug Pattern!!! :mad:
Also, it has to be between 42-50mm offset.
And I'm really looking for 17x7".

Those are nice I like ADR Phantom those look nice to they have a 17X7 size what is your lug pattern?

Oh just sent the payment for my HID kit 175 shipped cant waiit till it gets here!

Back
Top Bottom