CaneBaller

In Runtime
ive tried everything to get this down
from virus scans
to spyware
plzzz help
its like 60%+
i cant play games and everything opens up slowly

first go to your task manager and see what processes are running, then go to run and type in msconfig

go to the startup tab and uncheck all programs that you do not want running when your computer starts.

it says in that task manager

my specs: compaq made my comp SR1830NX
AMD 3500+
1gig PC3200 DDR 400MHZ ram
Geforce 6500 newly added (had onboard gfx before XPress 200)
Media Center Edition

CaneBaller said:
it says in that task manager

my specs: compaq made my comp SR1830NX
AMD 3500+
1gig PC3200 DDR 400MHZ ram
Geforce 6500 newly added (had onboard gfx before XPress 200)
Media Center Edition

huh?

well anyway, from your specs its definetly programs running in the background. if you didn't know what we were talking about before its this
untitledqy2.png

How do i change my username to "owner" ? I used my full name when i registered my copy of windows. I'd like to change it maybe not to owner but something else.

Jp425 said:
How do i change my username to "owner" ? I used my full name when i registered my copy of windows. I'd like to change it maybe not to owner but something else.

Although this is totally unrelated to the original topic, ill answer, but you should create a new topic in future....

There are 2 ways to change the name

a) Open Control Panel>>User Accounts>>Click your user>>Click Change my Name....this is the easy way, alternatively...

b) Right click My Computer, click Manage>>on the tree to the left, go to Local Users and Groups>>Users>>right click your user and click rename...

Hope this helps,

Matt

oops sorry, i made a new thread , if you don;t mind matt i copied your response and pasted it into my new thread.

Jp425 said:
oops sorry, i made a new thread , if you don;t mind matt i copied your response and pasted it into my new thread.

No, not a problem at all :)...just trying to help keep the forum clean, if that makes sense lol

Matt

Back
Top Bottom