HELP PLEASE games driving me crazy

superman22x

Golden Master
Ok, first I bought star wars battlefront and had a problem, fixed that by disabling sound, but I want sound, so I heard new drivers work. For a while I've been using drivers for Vista RC2 but I have RC1 x64. So yesterday I found a driver for RC1x64, 96.33. So I just installed it, and now battlefield2142 crashes when I try and run it. Says that BF2142.exe has stopped working. And when I try and play battlefront it says that there was no TNL found on your display adaptor. What is that? And why do none of my things work? Also, windows aero is not on, it is not in the personalize menu either like it should be. Just vista basic theme. This is not right. Whats going on?

K found something that might help, in the directX diagnosis tool, it says that directdraw acceleration is not available, direct3d acceleration is not available, and AGP texture acceleration is not available. Why is that? Maybe the driver is bad, I'll do a system restore to before I installed it maybe and find a different one or I dont know.

Properties>Settings>Advanced>Troubleshooting
Make sure that it's set to Full acceleration.

Actually..it should be this:

Personalize>Display (or equivalent)>Advanced>Troubleshooting

Ok I'll try that. I hope it works, but I can tell you that I will get the full vista when it comes out, because I'm tired of this beta and its problems, lol.

Ok, when I try and change those settings, it has the button grey, and says "your current display driversdont allow acceleration changes." Thats wierd. Anyway, maybe I dont have the right driver, its titled as "96.33_forceware_winvista_x64_international" Is it the right one for RC1? I have x64 too.

Back
Top Bottom