New Computer, Monitor/DVD-Rom Problem

hankthetank

Baseband Member
I just built a pc and experiencing some problems. First the Dvd-rom drive won't open unless the IDE cable is unplugged out of it which doesnt make sense. I only have one CD/DVD drive.

Second, my monitor says "No Input Video Signal Detected", even thought the VGA cable is connected. I Don't have a video card but i'm not sure if i have onboard graphics. So could me not having the video card be a problem?

If you need any specs just ask.

- Hank

im pretty sure u need a video card or onboard graphics to make it work. not 100% tho. what motherboard u got?

so from what i can see there is no onboard video so u probably should pick up a video card.

for the dvd-rom maybe try the first ide port. no sure if it will do anything but worth a try.

The video card is no problem. I'll go pick one up tomorrow. Thanks:)

But i already tired the first Ide port, and nothing. Any other ideas maybe?

man.... that 2nd post tickled me,

alright

1. when you pick up a vid card make sure its an AGP videocard.

2. do you have any other Drives on the same cable as your CD rom?

3. If so you will have to set the jumpers accordingly, if it is a single drive set it to single/or CS /cable select

4. If that don't work try a different IDE port, Then a different power connector/ then a different cable / then a different CD-Rom drive.

Wow thanks for the options. There's only 1 CD-Drive, so i'll set it to single. I'll get back to you with the results.

Ok, i got the dvd drive to work but I bought a video card and installed it and when I went to turn the computer it still said "no input video signal detected". Any ideas?

can u test the video card in another computer to see whether its the video card?

also what video card did u get?

EDIT: my appologies, i didnt read your post that you got the dvd-rom working, SORRY!!

Back
Top Bottom