ooh external graphics card released :)

i used a notebook for a gaming system for quite some time. it was great for going to lan parties because i didn't have to lug my tower, lcd, keyboard, etc to the place we were gaming. put the laptop in the bag and go. when i got it it was a more than adequete gaming computer and when i start my new job this summer i'm thinking about buying one of the clevo chassis and building it up. *hint* they come with 2 7900gtx's in sli. and a 19" screen. its a spendy system but if i want to take it somewhere its much easier. this would be a cool idea because i could buy a lower end laptop and just plug it in and use it, when i'm not gaming leave it unplugged and do whatever. it should effect the portability much because its actually removable. p.s gaming laptops are a lot cheaper if you build them yourself, specs of mine are in the sig and its built off an Asus z8100 chassis.

It's only just hit me how useful that could be! My lappy's got a GeForce 6800 Go, but the whole machine is heavy, hot and eats battery power.

Do you think this thing is Mac compatible? I'm thinking about getting a Macbook because it's more portable etc., this would also solve the problem of Macs having dodgy graphics cards compared to PCs.

dude that looks pimp, but really, this is just the start to laptop desktops, think about it.

pimp graphics card, check, and then like you can get external hdd's, and then maybe one day an external cpu...there will be no end.

cabbspapp said:
That's pretty cool. Probably not that cheap though.
Yeah, but with that you could convert a regular ol' business laptop into a verified gaming machine.

kinda cool idea but. It would need to come with a portable screen for it to be a great success.

OMG THATS AWESOME I WANT THIS LOL provided i have enough money and the right mobo or w/e
I will definitely buy this! Now I don't have to worry about upgrading my whole computer just for better graphics lolz

DJ-CHRIS said:
Wouldn't the interface limit the potentional performance of the graphics cards?

Possibly. The performance increase will still be noticable though.

UK31337 said:
It's only just hit me how useful that could be! My lappy's got a GeForce 6800 Go, but the whole machine is heavy, hot and eats battery power.

Do you think this thing is Mac compatible? I'm thinking about getting a Macbook because it's more portable etc., this would also solve the problem of Macs having dodgy graphics cards compared to PCs.

The Macbook does have a X1600 GPU, so it's not that dodgy.

Back
Top Bottom