7600GT lockups in cs:source

So what are they gonna do about it? Do they mean that your motherboard RAM is messed up?

Tell them that they're ugly and they have no friends.
Kidding.

Well you can try the card on someone else's computer as see whether or not it really is your computer that is causing the problems.
If it isn't, then you call back EVGA and ask them for an RMA explaining the situation and how you tested the video card on multiple computers. If they say no, throw a hissy fit. :D

But i hear that EVGA has good customer service, so you should be fine.

They are specifying that the onboard video memory is corrupt, the memory on the card. Also, they accepted my RMA twice, I cancelled it once on accident. I'm thinking that trying in someones else computer might just be another way to know it's my card. As I said, it's only Counter Strike:Source. I can play Battlefield 2 for hours and nothing happens.

I had installed the new forceware drivers. 93.71 and the lockups aren't as soon and aren't as intense. The first time it happened with the new drivers, It said D3D error. So I installed the recent DEC2006 version of DirectX 9.0c . Now the artifacts are different as opposed to the video I had posted earlier. I'm also on a new install of windows, but I don't really want to get into why because it was a novice move on my part.

I appreciate the help. If you see anything about driver bugs or anything with the source engine and 7600's just post it here. :) thanks TibsBeatAll, and of course everyone else who left their input.

ight help here i cant play in any maps besides aim maps because of the low graphics (the orange ones). im led to beleive that i should upgrade my graphics card, but the cpu fan rpm is sky high when i pplay cs:s so is it my processor thats slow or my video?

well, like we said earlier, I have a slow cpu but it doesnt ruin my game play. my main issue was my video. i used to play with onboard 64mb graphics, and all i could play were aim maps. so to answer your question, it would probably be your video. once again though alot of people have seemed to say that CS:S is very cpu "needy" if you will.

Back
Top Bottom