Anyone with knowledge of MS Excel...

wally222

Baseband Member
I would like to change a whole bunch of cells, in a 64 x 11 rectangle. The values in each cell are dollar amounts, and I would like to increase each of these values by 5%. That is, if a dollar amount is $1325.00, and increase in 5% would have it equal $1391.25. Is there a very fast way to do this?

wally222 said:
I would like to change a whole bunch of cells, in a 64 x 11 rectangle. The values in each cell are dollar amounts, and I would like to increase each of these values by 5%. That is, if a dollar amount is $1325.00, and increase in 5% would have it equal $1391.25. Is there a very fast way to do this?

you could write a macro to do it...ill make a quick one and post it just tell me the range of cells like A1 to like J11 or something

ill write a macro or something that does that......or you could make a new box at the bottem

and write something like this: =A1 * 1.05
then drag that equation system over and down then cut that and paste special
the values in the top boxes to replace them...either way let me know

I tried that earlier on, however when I cut and paste them where the original boxes were, I get an error because it is those original boxes that I'm referencing in the equation. Hence my problem...

wally222 said:
I tried that earlier on, however when I cut and paste them where the original boxes were, I get an error because it is those original boxes that I'm referencing in the equation. Hence my problem...

use the paste special command...it should be right under past when you right click

Back
Top Bottom