just ordered!!!

Actually, isn't those Xeons have better cache and clock per cycle?

EDIT: actually, they share a 2MB-4MB L2 cache, whiich is lower than the E6600, but they have 32kb+32kb at the L1, which is preety good.

well tell us how it goes im going to be getting my setup within the next 6 months or so, i have to pay off a few things first(speeding ticket, new tires, and small things like a GF)

i would have gotten the 8800gts but i couldn't afford it. i had $200 to spend on a video card and my friend agreed to loan me an extra $50 for the 1950xt. i'm building him a computer in a few months when he gets his tax return. i will give him the 1950xt then for a (deeply)discounted price and will upgrade mine to an 8800. thats assuming they have dropped a little in price.

side note--the time between ordering and delivery is the worst.

ok update...got all the parts and put it together.

having issues that i don't know how to solve.

first is that the cpu is idling at about 41C. got to 78C on dual prime load and i didn't let it get any higher. i'm using the stock HSF and silver compound. i'm going to take the HSF off and try and reseat it in the hopes it will work better. Any suggestions besides that?

second is, according to speedfan, whatever AUX is it is running very hot at 119C. i'm not sure what AUX is but 119C can't be good for anything. can anyone clue me in as to what AUX is and how i could cool it down?

thanks for any help.

Back
Top Bottom