just ordered!!!

Logan1

In Runtime
i'm almost giddy with excitment and i had to share it.

CPU-E6600
MOBO-ASUS P5B Deluxe
GPU-ATI X1950XT 256MB
RAM-Corsair XMS2 2GB(2 x 1GB) PC2 6400
CASE-CM Centurion
PSU-OCZ GameXstream 700w(only wanted 600w but they were out)
HDD-Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II 7200.10 RPM
OS-XP PRO
MONITOR-ACER 19" 8ms
DVD-2 burners
and a floppy

i'm upgrading to this from a laptop with an Athlon XP-M, 512MB RAM, and ATI IGP 320M video. i'm told the difference in performance will be very noticable. (this laptop is the fastest computer i've ever used so i have nothing to compare it to.) ordered this morning from newegg, hoping they all get here asap.

the performance fromyour laptop will be very noticable, so it's approved. I like the selection ther eBTW! I hope you're going to be enjoying building and playing with this kickass rig :)

My setup is going to be similar to that. Except i'm going to be using a different psu, cpu, motherboard and the little things. But the cpu is just going to be a Xeon 3060.

ownage said:
My setup is going to be similar to that. Except i'm going to be using a different psu, cpu, motherboard and the little things. But the cpu is just going to be a Xeon 3060.

just wondering what exactly is an "xeon" processor?

its basically Intel's workstation/server line of processors. The Xeon 3060 is equivalent to the E6600, just that its a little higher binned and achieves higher clocks on average.

it came out to about $1800 with shipping and sales tax. i've been staring at the order status screen thinking good thoughts about fast shipping. they were shipped from neweggs warehouses within 3 hours of me placing my order.

hahaha ownage...how is it similar if you are using a different cpu, mobo, psu, and "little things"?? whats left?? haha according to your sig the only thing the same is the seagate hdd. btw that looks like a great setup. i wish i could have waited till either the r600 came out or the G80 drops in price but i've put off building this thing for exactly 1 year so i made myself buy it.(i kept changing the specs and waiting for the better product that is coming out in "just a few weeks")

thanks for the replys.

Back
Top Bottom