Wireless Internet Problems

Mgsupra1011

Baseband Member
Well i do alot of online gaming if any of you could see and in EVERY game i always get nasty lag spikes which dulls my gaming life Especially in CSS. There is no way in hell i can run a cable so please dont suggest that. At the moment i have a linksys router 54mbps Wireless G with a Pci-Belkin 54mbps Wireless G Card. I go through eh 3 walls. My internet online aint bad and connectivity is always excellent but i get bad spikes due to the walls and what not. What can i do to fix this horribly annoying problem that i have, I'll buy a new card but other then that i cant connect directly and i cant buy a new router. :(

well the only thing i can think of is get a speed booster and maybe think about getting a better router, ive seen alot of the linksys routers have problems even mine does every once and a while but it might also be your computer, do you have a good size ram

hopefully that will help you more

Do you have something in the house that might be interfering with the signal, like a cordless phone? Try changing the channel on the router to either 6 or 11. Channel 11 seems to work the best for me.

Also, what is the speed of your broadband?

i have 1gb of ram and my broadband is cable from Optimum online... i dot have 2 cordless phones in the house one being right near the router...if i do get a new router what one can i get for under like 60 bucks ?

Back
Top Bottom