Desktop Problem (HP M7060N) Help (Sorry if this is a double)

kjman87

Daemon Poster
So this is not my gateway that is having problems its my Sisters HP M7060N

its a nice Media Center PC

Here is the problem...
She had a HD failure I guess like a month and a half ago...so i tried to use the recovery patition of the HP drive...that did not work, so i ordered some recovery CDs from HP. those say they are not for use with this PC so I called them and told them so they took the serial number down again and sent me a new set for free...those didnt work...I am thinking it was because i used a different disk to try and install windows with...which i now regret buit whatever...as of right now I have windows XP Pro on there... but There are NOOO drivers or anything its just the softwere... Do any of you know wehre I could DL the drivers for her MOBO and Drives and such because the HP site only has updates as far as I can tell or do you know if they could be located on the CDs they sent me so I can install them straight from there because right now her PC works but its slow as anything and doesnt autorun anything and you have to manually install things, I tried to install her Lynksis Wireless card but it says not found when its plugged into the PCI slot...I really have no Idea what to do at this point

Sorry for the really long Post but I know this is the place to come with problems like this...

also I just realized I reinstalled windows with the Wireless card in the slot and that was no factory equiptment...could that be why the HP cds dont work???

THANKS A TON!!!

-KJ

Yeah thats all ya will need, maybe copy them all to a CD for in the future to save you downloading them again if you need to reinstall

OK so I went to site but I didnt get the drivers I needed, my MOBO doesnt have the drivers needed...or I should say I dont have a mobo driver at all...

im trying to install a Wireless PCI card but It wont recognize it due to the fact that according to the computer I dont have PCI slots...haha

anyone know where I can get an Asus PTGD-LA

here is a link to experts exchange...i dont have an account there but
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_22041804.html

anyhelp???

thanks

What drivers are ya actually missing, whats it say in device manager?

Back
Top Bottom